Tuesday, July 1, 2008

High School Musical



This may come as a shock to some of you, but I am secretly obssesed with High School Musical. I don't know what it is about teenage melodrama, intermingled with toe-tapping tunes, that totally gets me giddy, but I can't get enough of it. (I've provided my favorite scene from HSM 2 for your viewing pleasure. Who knew working at a ritzy resort with a bunch of uber hot teenagers could be so intense? Who cares? I love it. Troy reminds me of a modern day Ren McCormick, of Footloose fame, in the angst-driven, rail-road tunnel seen. You know the one I'm talking about. Teenage melodrama at its finest. I love it, love it, love it.)
Naturally, I was beyond excited when I found out my nephew, Alex, would be playing the role of Ryan Evans in St. George Community Theater's version of HSM. Chad and I took the kids down last week and saw the production. Everyone, including Chad, loved it. And, my nephew was the best. He totally captured the essence of Ryan. It was soooo cool to see him on stage doin' his thing.
Afterwords, the entire cast was waiting in the lobby of the auditorium. It was so fun to see all of the little kids asking them to sign their playbills. (I would have had them sign mine too, but I think it would have embarrased Chad). I did however manage to squeeze myself into several pictures with the cast. Note: these pictures are pre hair cut. More to come on that soon.
Watch for HSM 3 coming to theaters October 24, 2008. Oh, blessed day.

Me and Ryan (my nephew Alex). (Gasp!!! Are those my arms? Really? So long Junior Mints, hello hand weights.)

Quinn getting an autograph from Chad.

The fam with Ryan.

The fam with the main cast: Troy, Gabriella, Ryan, Sharpay, Taylor and Chad...and mois.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome! I learned about HMS after coming home to babysitters watching it several times and watching the rest of it while Chris drove the sitters home. And when I found out #2 was filmed in on my blessed home turf I could hardly turn it down. Loved the pictures--Alex totally looks like that guy. And the little kids with yours in the cast pictures. Me thinks one of them is Michelle's (she looks like Kendyl (sp?) so I hope I'm not wrong) and is the other Ashlyn? I don't think I've seen her since she was a baby.

Malea said...

Erika, I can't believe the gorgeous people in your family. And I am so proud of Alex, that dude must be so talented to handle all of that. Did you know Ryan Norton directed that play? Anyway, thanks to you and Emily, I am now a "blerg" (blog nerd) which goes nicely with the "Twerd" in me.