Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Carter!



Today is my eldests birthday. It pains me to think that I am old enough to have a child who is ten years old and going into the fifth grade (it's even more painful to think that in two years he'll be in junior high). I can feel my face wrinkling even as I post. Pass me my Retin-A stat!
As old and saggy as it makes me feel, I would not trade the past ten years for anything. My journey into motherhood began with the birth of this wonderful boy and has been going full force ever since.
Life with Carter has been all about super heros, and Star Wars and light sabres and swords and guns...pretty much anything involving fighting and violence. I can't wait to see what he chooses as a profession.
But that said, Carter is also one of the sweetest, most kind-hearted little boys...I mean, young persons...that I've ever had the priviledge of knowing.
I look forward to the next decade and what it has in store for us...driving, dating, and mission...ummm, could someone please pass me a valium?
Anyway, happy birthday buddy! I love you mucho (a little somethin' Carter used to say when he was first learning to talk) sniffle, sniffle.

1 comment:

Ashlyn said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY CARTER