Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July everyone. Hopefully your family awoke happier than mine (note the picture above). All I wanted is one picture...one...of my darling dears dressed all patriotic, waving their lil flags with pride. And this is what I get. Carter's smiling, but only after much negotiation and the threat of a time out (mama's pulling out every trick in her arsenal today. Don't mess!). Beckham and Quinn appear to be oblivious...frolicking in their own little worlds. And, Avery, well Avery looks like she just got booked into the county jail...and this was the best picture I took!?!?
So, this is what I'm up against today...four emotionally fragile, physically hostile children...I'm afeard.
Drama aside, I am happy for it to be the 4th. It's one of, if not the most, relaxing holiday. My dear friend "the colonel" usually provides the meal and the entertainment is already provided. Just the peace I need to balance out the madness.
Sincerely, I hope you all have a wonderful, safe 4th. What a great blessing to be an American; to enjoy all of the freedoms so many have lost their lives fighting for.
Happy 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

Kedra Simpson said...

That is the greatest picture!! We will see you guys soon.