Monday, June 16, 2008

What was lost, is now found!

Sorry, tis not my mind that I speak of.
So, Friday morning I lost my wallet. One minute I had it, the next I didn't. (I told you my "scatterbrainedness" was becoming a major problem.) Anyway, after retracing all of my steps, calling the grocery store where I'd most recently had my wallet...twice, and combing the parking lot of said store, still no luck. I decided to err on the side of caution and canceled all of my cards and closed my checking account (there was a full book of checks in it). Then I remembered all of the irreplaceables I'd left in my wallet i.e. immunization records, pictures, cash. So frustrating. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck, constantly checking my account online just to make sure no one had beat me to the punch. As big a hassle as it was, I was relieved to know that I'd taken care of all the loose ends.
Fast foreward to Saturday evening, I see a voicemail on my cell phone. I listen to it and hear someone from the grocery store tell me they have my wallet. Okay, first I was relieved, but then I was mad. What the heck! I had called them twice, searched their parking lot and surrounding areas had Chad stop by and see if they had it, had a friend stop by and ask if they had it(she actually told them to "look harder". Thanks girlfriend!) The people knew me by name from how much I had talked to them. Now, I'm wondering why it took them so long to suddenly realize that, yes, they did have my wallet. Anyway, that's beside the point. I got my wallet back, and was very gracious about it, although most of it's contents is now obselete. And, now at least, I won't have to keep wondering where the heck it could be. Trust me, one less thing to plague my mind the better. But, I have to wonder where this progress of forgetfulness will lead me. What will I forget at the store next? A child...two children...heaven forbid the neighbors child? Yikes.

No comments: