Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mental Update #2

Hey everyone, I'm okay, things are good. I found my bed and slept well. Apologies for the minor freak out yesterday. Usually I save that kind of behavior for behind closed doors, now I'm sharing it with everyone on my blog. I'll try to have better judgement next time.
I've had an epiphany. I'd like to share. I am a mother! I am a mother to four ridiculously active and demanding children (aren't all children?) Life is crazy (as I'm sure you can all relate). That's all there is to it. Being a mom is a crazy job and something's gotta give. Granted I may come across as a scatterbrained, frazzled freak who doesn't always have it together. But, the kids are always dressed, and fed (okay, most of the time-refer to previous post), and are, for the most part, happy. Anything beyond that should be considered a bonus. There it is!

1 comment:

Malea said...

Erika, at the risk of sounding phony and predictable, I am going to cut and paste a comment that I left on Emily's blog...because, she is a rock star, I know she's human, but, let's face it; she comes from well-bred, rock star super mama genes. But, since I can oh so totally relate to this "season of life"...crap; here you go...'cause you're a freakin rock star too...
Did I ever tell you you're my heerrooo?
You're everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly hiiiigher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,
Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
Flyyyyy, flyyyy, fly high against the sky, (sound of bird) cawww cawww cawwww. Do you remember when John Bytheway came to Dixie Middle and did that? Anyway, what I am trying to say is, you rock!