Monday, June 2, 2008

Feeling Much Better (thank you glucose, sucrose, and all you other "oses")

I feel like I should give everyone an update on my mental status after my last entry. I'm doing well... sufficiently hopped up on sugar...feeling energized, at least until the sugar wares off. Part of the reason I am feeling so good (aside from the sugar high)is because we (the fam) were able to go a whole week without any "incident". Hallelujah!!! No phone calls from irritated teachers, no "gang-ups" by frustrated primary leaders...beautiful. HOWEVER, if there is one thing I've learned in my almost ten years of being a mother, it's how quickly the tides turn. So, I shall bask in the success of this small miracle until the next "incident" occurs, and shall think no less of myself when one does.
Til then, I'm off to down a dozen oreos before the kiddies get home from school.

1 comment:

Kedra Simpson said...

I have been meaning to tell you that in the past month Olivia has picked up the following 3 lovely sayings from yours truly :) "mom, I am in my freaking car seat", "What the heck", and "oh, crap". I must admit that I had to laugh really hard when some of these things came out of her mouth. But I definitely need to watch what I say around her. Oh, what the future holds :)