Friday, January 30, 2009

Random Question.

Dear Bloggy Peeps,

I have a random, yet important question for you. I only ask because I respect your opinion.
As you may know, I am trying to name my fetus. In the past I have not bothered picking a name in advance...mostly due to the fact that Chad and I cannot ever agree. Consequently, putting off naming the baby til the last minute has always resulted in stress, frustration and ironically, name-calling.
In order to bypass this unnecessary situation, I have taken it upon myself to name this baby well in advance. Please note that Chad is not aware of my scheme. But I figure that I choose a name quick enough, he'll have plenty of time to warm up to it over the next few months.
Anyway, back to the issue at hand...the middle name. My random question is this: is it weird to give a child the name of Noelle even if she isn't born on or around Christmas? Before you answer, let me explain my reason behind choosing the name. My grandma's middle names are Norene and Belle...combined they make No-elle. I just like the idea of this baby having the name of two of my most favorite people in the world. The other option is Ashman (my middle name), or Erika.
So, there it is. Please weigh in. I wouldn't ask if I didn't have to.
You guys are true friends.

Sincerely,
Frustrated Fetus-carrying Friend

10 comments:

brittanyc said...

My favorite, favorite name is Noelle. I wanted so badly to have it be Clara's first name, but I just couldn't do it seeing as how she was born in August. In all of my stressing out on trying to pick a first name while in the hospital (Clara was a spur of the moment name, picked on our last day in the hospital), I totally forgot that I could have used it as her MIDDLE name. Now that I've thought of it, I wish so much that I used it. I think with a middle name you are safe to use anything you want.

Anonymous said...

I think it can be Noelle at anytime of year.

crush said...

I don't think it's weird at all. I love the name, and especially since it comes from family, even more fitting!

Emily N said...

I LOVE Noelle and think it's appropriate any time of year. My favorite of the first names you have listed is Rowan. Adorable. I used to get called fairly often by people of Asian descent. They always called me Emery. Pretty, but that's what it reminds me of. I also think Holland is beautiful.

Kim said...

I think Noelle would be a beautiful middle name any time of the year. But have you decided on the first name?!? What is it?

Unknown said...

anytime woman. doesn't have to be christmas. noelle is darling. but what is the first name? why is noelle going 2nd?

6deans said...

My niece is named Abby Noelle and she was born on August 9th...so I definately think you can name her Noelle no matter what time of year it is :)

Grandma Cindy said...

I hope it doesn't offend you that no one has voted for Erika as the middle name. I really like that name best, but having passed on it for the first two girls, using it now might make them feel slighted.

Kedra Simpson said...

i love Noelle and think that Oakley Noelle Brendle has a nice ring to it :) One of my sister-in-laws did a similar thing with her moms name and mother-in-laws name. I love the idea a lot!!

Kim said...

Noelle is so cute! It's your baby, do whatever you want (within reason, of course!)