Friday, December 12, 2008

Pee Wee Herman: A Tribute

During our lengthy stay at my saintly sister's house an oldie, but goodie was risen from the dead...Pee Wee's Big Adventure. I may take a lot of heat for admitting this, but back in the day I was a huge Pee Wee Herman fan. I remember using the phrase "I know you are, but what am I", imitating the infamous bar dance, and taping my face in disturbingly hideous ways. But, one part of the movie in particular hits very close to home...the hilarious bike flip scene. I remember trying to perfect this biking stunt and biffing it more than a few times (don't deny it, you all did too). Anywho, a little blast from the past for your viewing pleasure. I will forever be indebted to Mr. Herman. The image of him flipping over the handlebars in front of an audience of children, and then trying to act all cool about it has tickled me ever so much during these past few stressful weeks. Thank you, thank you Pee Wee Herman. Even though you turned out to be a major mervy pervy, you still make me laugh...twenty years later.




I included a few more clips becuase I just couldn't resist. This next clip cracks me up. I love it when he says "I pity the poor fool, who don't eat Mr. T cereal". I don't why it makes me laugh, but it does. I also like how eat imitates eating like his little dog Speck (this part cracks Beckham up too) and then how he makes this ridiculously complicated breakfast and then eats one little morsel of cereal.



I love how you can see P.W. go flipping off to the side after he crashes through the sign. Hee hee.

4 comments:

Malea said...

Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho, dude.

Erika said...

Dude I totally forgot about that. Mekka lekka hi mekka chawney ho. Moola mekka hey mekka chani nani nah.

6deans said...

Nice to see you are ALIVE...I have been wondering well the flippin H you have been. As to your question on my blog...Jared Wehrli is a physical therapist and he is married to Annette. They both graduated with Mike and I from OLY. That is funny that you know them. They were both in our group of friends at. I am dying to see pics of the house. We need to come and see how awesome it is. EM

Unknown said...

That is pretty funny. I let spencer watch it and now I have to try and find the movie for him to see. He loves that humor. I can't say I could stomach the movie, but I found myself laughing strangely yesterday.